Friday, March 13, 2015

Happy Surprise

The other night was crazier than usual, all four (my son was home for spring break) of our family members busy in different directions. We were all inside the same house, but we all had things to do, urgently, and it was kind of a mess.

Then my husband came up to me, smiling. "Can you come with me for just a minute?" he said. "I have a surprise."

He took my hand and led me out the front door, into the dark cool night. "A little farther," he said. "Now, wait."

I waited. I was pretty sure a new horse wasn't going to gallop up the driveway, but I had no idea what he was up to. Then I heard it.

peep-peep. peep-peep.

My husband put his arm around me. "The peepers are back," he said. "It's spring."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.