Thursday, June 16, 2016

Where I'll be at ALA

Hi guys!

I'll finish up my Newbery Dress Saga soon. Today I got my official schedule for ALA, that is, the American Librarian Association summer conference in Orlando, and it's a doozy. Lots of fun and excitement. I know many of you are also attending so I thought I'd post where to find me.

On Saturday my daughter and I will be trolling the floor for free books. I'll also attend the memorial service for victims of the Orlando shooting at 8 in the morning, but don't plan to stand out in the crowd. At 9:00 I'll be reading in the Banned Books Readout Booth, I hope from The War That Saved My Life, though I don't think it's been officially banned anywhere so I might have to choose a more subversive book, like Harry Potter or the Bible.

Sunday I am signing free copies of TWTSML from 1 to 2 at the Penguin Young Readers Booth. I don't necessarily anticipate a crowd, but I can not stay late as I have to get to a Schneider Award photo session, so if you're dying for a book come early.

At 6:30 on Sunday is the big Newbery-Caldecott-Wilder Banquet. I'm told something like 1000 people attend. Tickets may be available? don't actually know. A "receiving line and cash bar" follows. I will be wearing my fabulous princess dress.

Monday I am signing free copies of TWTSML from 10 to 11 at Children's Plus, booth 1313. Again I can't stay late, as I'm off to the Schneider Luncheon. At 3 pm I'll be attending the Odyssey Awards Presentation, where I'm giving a very brief speech I haven't written yet.


Phew! Please do come, get a book, shake my hand, whatever. I'm so glad to be doing this.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a whirlwind! Congratulations! When I read about the Schneider luncheon, I wondered how I missed that. I have attended it in the past, then I looked and saw that it's invitation only! Too bad. Enjoy every minute. I loved your book. I hope to get a moment to say hi along the way.

    brenda

    ReplyDelete

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.