Friday, January 22, 2016

In Which I Am Interviewed

Today I'm cross-posting an interview I did with Anne Bryant Westrick, author of Brotherhood, for her blog.

When Brotherhood was in the works, Anne asked me for a blurb. When I found out that a white woman from Richmond, heart of the Old South, had written her debut novel about the start of the Klu Klux Klan, I admit that my first reaction was, oh hell no. Not puttin' my name on that But I vastly underestimated the book, as I soon learned--it's truthful, balanced, nuanced, everything historical fiction should be. I've been proud to count Anne a friend ever since, and I was very pleased to be on her blog, which, for the record, is much more visually appealing than mine.

Thanks, Anne!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking time to do the interview. And for writing so many great books!

    ReplyDelete

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.