Monday, November 16, 2015

Pressure's Off

Well.

The novel is not done, but the third revision of the novel is. I spent a lot of last week making sure that would happen.

I had a tough week in other respects, too. I'm switching from one antidepressant to another in hopes that the high blood pressure I've developed is a side effect of the first antidepressant (we have reason to think this might be true), and, while I love antidepressants, coming off them even while starting another is tough. Last week was Weird Brain Week. I seem to be over the bulk of it. I certainly hope so.

This weekend I went to the last horse trial of the year, with my daughter. She was moving up a level, which is a big deal in eventing. Neither of us got a completion score--two long stories there that I'll probably tell later this week--but we failed in very positive ways. I'm proud of us. It was a lot of work getting ready for the competition, especially given Finishing The Book and Weird Brain Week, and I'm proud of how my daughter and I did that, too.

Now we settled into more quiet rhythms, winter rhythms. Everything I set aside in the last few weeks needs to be dealt with, but it will be, in its own time. I'm not under deadline now. On that note, I'm going to go read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.