Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The End Is Near

Yesterday I hit a very exciting point in the first draft of my new novel. It's the opposite of my page-80 doldrums. I've come to the place where the end is near.

It's not here yet, but I can see it from my desk chair. It's wonderfully, terribly exciting. You'll excuse me for not writing a longer blog post; I have limited time this morning and have to pull for the shore.

Meanwhile, another quote from Joanna Bourne's Rogue Spy--this is just a phrase--"close as inkle weavers." I swooned. It's perfect, and it's a tricky little bit of historical knowledge, and how does she know it?

Meanwhile also, I at last have a tentative title for this new book that might actually work. It's the sequel to The War That Saved My Life, and right now I'm calling it The War I Finally Won. Keep in mind that many--nay, most--of my novels go off to my publisher wearing titles such as Kim's New Book That Needs a Title. Progress, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.